ECOStep Youth Project
Where are we now?
- Teams from across Europe and Africa are working towards a design competition using unwanted materials. The deadline is 18th May.
- A public workshop will be held with young people on the 22nd May at the Young Environmentalist Awards in the Mansion House
- The overall competition winner will be announced on the 19th June.
- An interactive website or “web doc” will also be launched on the 19th June to showcase careers in reuse and recycling, explain the terminology and explore the lives of different materials
- A second public workshop will be held in October
ECOStep is funded under the EU ERASMUS+ KA2 programme. It involves engaging youth ambassadors from Ireland, France, Morocco, Spain and Greece to lead teams into an international reuse design competition and an interactive website to communicate green job opportunities and to inspire young people to reuse. Three teams will participate from Ireland.
The project will aim to provide the youth involved with confidence in new professional perspectives, to help them become environmentally aware and committed citizens and to open up new opportunities for them in the creative reuse of waste. The project outcomes will be disseminated at public workshops as well as via the ecostep website here: http://ecostep-youth.eu/ and social media.