Please see below resources that may be helpful to you. You can also get in touch with us with any other queries via info (at) crni.ie.
The Circular Economy Academy is a free mentoring and support programme run by the Rediscovery Centre, the National Centre for the Circular Economy. It assists social enterprises and community organisations in any part of Ireland to move their activities towards sustainability and embrace the circular economy.
The Irish Social Enterprise Network has set up a Social Enterprise Helpline to listen to social enterprises and issues they face. The number is free and accessible to any social enterprise, social entrepreneurs and social enterprise managers.
Phone 089 255 0289
This Social Enterprise Toolkit is for communities and individuals thinking of setting up a social enterprise in Ireland. In short, this guide is aimed at communities and individuals with an idea who want to make the world a better place.
The Rediscovery Centre developed best practice guidelines on reuse through EPA funded research, available here. The research, titled “Development of a Material Reuse Protocol”, created guidelines on the reuse of furniture, bicycles, textiles and post manufacturing food. Reuse good practice demonstration is important for the reuse and charity sector, and the wider green sector, both locally and in helping Ireland to meet EU targets.
This research, available here, completed through the Green Enterprise programme provides a good practice guide to demonstrate how new and existing organisations can be set up and operate to the highest standards. Factsheets are also included targeting those engaging with waste resource exchange systems to ensure that their interactions are informed and conducted in line with industry good practice.
A recent European Interreg project SURFACE developed tools that can help regions or cities to set up new Smart Re-Use Parks (SRP). The toolkit includes:
• A decision support tool to show the current re-use situation in a spider-diagram
• Multi-Stakeholder Forum (MSF) to allow the exchange of know-how between stakeholders
• Cooperation Matrix to describe synergies and combinations between re-use actors in a region
• Template of a Collaboration agreement between re-use actors
• Policy and operational requirements for case histories
• Calculation model to present economic and financial scenarios of an SRP
• Training curricula´s for SRP managers
• Quality scheme to describe quality criteria when designing and running SRPs
All of the tools are available here.