Mattress Recycling and Confidential Paper Shredding


Usel operates a Circular Economy business model that contributes to the wider Circular Economy through the recycling of mattresses, carpet, furniture, plastic, cardboard and waste electrical items.

We are Northern Ireland’s only mattress recycling provider diverting over 1000 tonnes of waste from landfill every year. We collect mattresses from council recycling centres, bed retailers and hoteliers across the province and bring them back to our licenced facility.  96% of each mattress is recycled, the remaining 4% is sent to energy from waste. In addition, Usel is creating employment opportunities for people with disabilities and health related conditions within its recycling operation.

Tel      +44 28 90 356600
Email  info [at]

How mattress recycling works

Our confidential shredding service

About USEL

Sign up to our quarterly newsletter for more information on reuse and recycling and be part of Ireland’s only reuse and recycling network. For information about our privacy practices, see here.

Our funders

EPA Circular Economy Programme

CRNI supports its members and works to mainstream reuse thanks to core funding provided by the EPA under the Circular Economy Programme.

For more information about the programme see here.

Project Funding

Waste Regions Logos

Green + Social Virtual Trade Fair

CRNI’s Green + Social Virtual Trade Fair is funded by Ireland’s Regional Waste Management Plan Offices. This innovative virtual platform is open 24/7 and gives visitors the opportunity to explore green and social procurement opportunities provided by reuse, repair and recycling social enterprises and community-based organisations across Ireland.

Access the Green + Social Virtual Trade Fair here.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-87279626-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');