Bring your broken bikes, furniture and textiles on the 9th of March 2024.
Do you have something at home that you have been meaning to fix? Join us at the Rediscovery Centre on the 9th of March 2024 where you can bring along your broken item and work together with our experts to help you repair it. There will be experts in textiles, furniture and bicycles.
Places on the day are on a first come and first served basis. Please find below a list of repairs we can provide. While we can’t upcycle or take on big projects on the day we are happy for you to use your timeslot to get advice on how to complete your project at home.
The Bike Team can work on the following repairs with you:
– Bike assessment
– Bike fit adjustment
– General tuning and adjustments
– Puncture repair and tire replacement of common wheel sizes
– Mechanical brake cable and common brake pads replacements
– Mechanical gear cable and common chain/gear size replacements
– Wheel straightening
The Textiles team can work on the following repairs with you:
– Patching holes in clothing/textiles
– Taking up hems on skirts, tops or trouser legs
– Fixing zips but not replacing zips
– Replacing buttons
– While we can’t upcycle or do alterations on the day we are happy for you to use your timeslot to get advice on how to complete the upcycle or alteration at home
The Furniture team can work on the following repairs with you:
– Wooden dining chairs
– Wooden kitchen chairs
– Wooden coffee tables
– Wooden stools
– While we can’t upcycle or take on big projects on the day we are happy for you to use your timeslot to get advice on how to complete your project at home
CRNI supports its members and works to mainstream reuse thanks to core funding provided by the EPA under the Circular Economy Programme.
For more information about the programme see here.
CRNI’s Green + Social Virtual Trade Fair is funded by Ireland’s Regional Waste Management Plan Offices. This innovative virtual platform is open 24/7 and gives visitors the opportunity to explore green and social procurement opportunities provided by reuse, repair and recycling social enterprises and community-based organisations across Ireland.
Access the Green + Social Virtual Trade Fair here.